esposito's box
Sunday, April 10, 2005
  Poetry Month-Some Keats
Good Night. Here is a poem to recite whilst on a pillow.
O soft embalmer of the still midnight,
Shutting with careful fingers and benign
Our gloom-pleas'd eyes, embowered from the light,
Enshaded in forgetfulness divine.
O soothest sleep, if so it please thee, close
In midst of this thine hymn my willing eyes,
Or wait the amen, ere thy poppy throws
Around my bed its lulling charities.
Then save me or the passed day will shine
Upon my pillow, breeding many woes.
Save me from curious conscience, that still lords
Its strength for darkness, burrowing like a mole.
Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards,
and seal the hushed casket of my soul.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
It's cool, a multi-purpose shape, a box.

Name:

Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic

Archives
February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / November 2005 / February 2006 / June 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 /